First part in the series of learning CakePHP 3.0. We will be following the official CakePHP bookmarker tutorial.
As promised, here are the scripts to run along with a small guide:
1. Navigate to the directory you want the project to be installed to, using the terminal / console.
2. Run this: php -r “readfile(‘ | php
3. Now you should have Composer.phar in the directory.
4. Run this: php composer.phar create-project –prefer-dist cakephp/app bookmarker
5. Now cake should be installed and you have lots of directories.
6. Go into the “bookmarker” applications, and verify you stand in the same directory as the “bin” folder, along with all the other folders cake installed for you.
7. Run: bin/cake server
8. Go to the localhost link provided by the console output, and verify your installation.
Thanks so much for watching! Please comment, like or subscribe in order to support me. Also, please consider donating here:
Donations are whats keeping me going, as the financial aid helps justify the amount of time spent + to buy new equipment for recording and editing.